Scientific journals that focus on emotion science or frequently publish relevant articles (publishers are listed in parentheses)
- Emotion (American Psychological Association)
- Emotion Review (Sage)
- Affective Science (Springer)
- Frontiers in Psychology: Emotion Science (Nature)
- Cognition and Emotion (Taylor & Francis)
- Motivation and Emotion (Springer)
- Journal of Nonverbal Behavior (Springer)
- Transactions on Affective Computing (IEEE)
- Social Neuroscience (Psychology Press)
- Biological Psychology (Elsevier)
- Psychophysiology (Wiley)
- Journal of Personality and Social Psychology (American Psychological Association)
General scientific journals that occasionally contain articles on emotions - check the contents!
Why bother to know which journals there are - after all, a literature search, google, google scholar, will find articles by keywords anyway?
It is true that search engines have become better and better. However, particularly when one is looking for something, but does not know exactly what, browsing through a journal can lead to serendipitous discoveries. In "the old days" when one would actually go to the library and then browse through journals or books near to one another, interesting finds could be made. So far, this is difficult to do using electronic searches. All of the journals allow browsing electronically through the tables of contents ... call me old-fashioned ;-)